Saturday, December 19, 2009

2009- Awesome with Awesome Sauce on top! - Entertainment Events

So just because it's the in thing to do (and I'm too hip to be a square) I'm going to run off a list of the media that really impressed me this year. Some of it was released this year, some has been around for a while and I've only just discovered it.

Awesome blogs discovered: Nathan Bransford, Ex hot Girl, Marsha Sigman, Turning Iwatean (who happens to be a friend up here in Japan), Natalie Whipple and just in at the buzzer, Jewlia!

Awesome movies: Twilight (released in Japan in April), New Moon (yes, I'm a fan. Twilight is an awesome fairy tale, and Edward is nowhere near as creepy as some of the other fairy tale princes), Changeling, Angels and Demons,The Proposal and Harry Potter.






Awesome books read: To Kill a Mockingbird (I've never had to read it, because I'm not American, and because they forcefeed the classics in secondary school, I've avoided reading them voluntarily), Prom Nights from Hell, The Other Boleyn Girl, Cosmetique de l'ennemi, Th1rteen R3asons Why.






Awesome songs on my Yahoo Music:

John Mayer "Who Says",


Leona Lewis "Happy",


Alicia Keys "Try Sleeping with a Broken Heart",



Regina Spektor's "Laughing With", Relient K "Who I am Hates Who I've Been",



Julieta Venegas "Limon y Sal",


Jennifer Lopez "Que Hiciste",



Keith Urban "Only you can love me this way",


Taylor Swift " You belong with me",

Kellie Pickler "Best Days of your life",

Owl City "Fireflies",

Weezer "If you're Wondering if I want you to (I want you to)

Flying Machines "On a whim"

and Kris Allen "Live like we're Dying"

(Couldn't embed for some vids, but you can look them up on youtube if you really want to hear he rest of my all-over-the-road musical taste:)

Awesome things famous Barbadians did:

Ryan Brathwaite won 110 m hurdles at World Championships

Shontelle Layne's song Battle Cry was released on Obama's compilation, Yes We Can.



Rihanna released her 4th album, Rated R, after a topsy turvy year involving the most public domestic violence case since Tina Turner.

Livvi Franc teamed up with Pitbull for "Now I'm that Bitch (Chick)"


And I loved her song Free. It's so Caribbean, and it's filmed on my beautiful island, Barbados.



Singer/Songwriter Hal Linton signed with Rihanna's management team, and appeared on BET's Rising Icons!



Awesome Performers I saw live:

I went to a 3 day music Festival in the Summer in Osaka, Japan and it had a crazy awesome lineup. I missed Linkin Park to catch my bus.

It was a great day with great whiskey! :)



Crowd on the big screen!

Random shirts are the in thing in Japan. This is a guy. Guys have cooler hair than women here :)

Standing in front of the crazy awesome lineup.


Scott Murphy- one of those people who's "big in Japan"


Solange Knowles


All American Rejects

Hoobastank

Puffy Ami Yumi (like the Cartoon Network show)

UnicoOorn! A Japanese band from the 80's- I caught a drumstick they threw into the crowd!


Placebo

Joan Jett and the Blackhearts

The Ting Tings

B'z

Elvis Costello

Keane

Lady Gaga

Ne-yo

Nine Inch Nails

My Chemical Romance were a big hit, because they wrote their name in Japanese.

Katy Perry missed the show because of exhaustion, so I wrote this on the Summer Sonic wall.

Beyonce





My friend Wayne only came on the first day, but we had an awesome time!


Con, who I met at the hostel, was there all three days. He was disappointed that Phoenix couldn't play because of Swine Flu.

Sorry about the length of this post. 2009 was really awesome it seems! lol! I am just trying to get it all out of the way because I go to my grandmother's tomorrow, and I won't be able to use my computer, so I might not be able to upload photos.

Awesome Places I've Visited yet to come...

No comments: