Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Hi, my name is Claire, and I'm a blog-aholic!

Okay, I'm not the blogging-est person out there. I usually only get on here to post 3 or 4 times a week. Still, I love it. I'm a writer and it gives me an opportunity to write. Plus I get really strong feelings about things and I feel like I have to spread the message.

But apart from all that, I think my blog saves me from going crazy!

I think a lot. By a lot, I mean, not a second of the day goes by when my brain is not engaged. If I am not doign something that requires my brain to be engaged, I am thinking. Puzzling out some great philosophical question, planning my life 40 years into the future, or dreaming up characters and premises for my stories- novels, screenplays, songs, etc.

It sounds kinda cool, but it's actually really difficult. The constant chatter in my brain. Could you imagine if someone sat next to you and chattered from the minute you opened your eyes til the moment you fell asleep? How long do you think you'd last before you screamed, "SHUT THE HECK UP!"

And the blog gives me an outlet. It gives me a reason to write down all the crazy thoughts. Hopefully, it will give them a reason to stop coming back, and eventually my brain will cound like the soothing rhythms of jazz instead of the jarring 24-hour Fran Drescher radio station it is right now!

But until then, my name is Claire, and I live being a blog-aholic!

No comments: