Sunday, January 3, 2010

International Date Line? Meh!

Well, I made it back from Australia- safe and sound and in one piece. I was supposed to be hanging out with Prince Charming in Tokyo, at his family. However they decided instead of Saturday in Tokyo, they'd hang out Sunday in Saitama. That would have involved jumping through too many hoops and I've already decided 2010 is not a year for hoops.

So instead of booking a night bus for Sunday night as originally planned, I took the Shinkansen (bullet train) back on Friday night. I got back to my capital late that same night and stayed in a hotel since I'd already missed the last train to my town. Thankfully, I had my credit card with me, because silly Japanese ATM's have a bedtime. (5 pm on weekends and holidays. GRRR!)



Anyhow, I made my way back to my town Saturday morning, and spent the grand majority of the day in bed reading Marian Keyes "Brightest Star in the Sky" (which I loved, by the way).

I woke up this morning, showered, dressed, ate breakfast, and set off for work. Walking up the road, I think it funny that I'm only seeing the Chinese from the shop going to work. Usually, there are lots of people around at 8 am. Wait just a cane-cutting minute! I yank my keitai (cellphone) out of my pocket and flip it open. The calendar pops up.

SUNDAY!!!!

Who needs help from an International Date Line? Meh! I can screw up days all by myself!

No comments: