Friday, September 10, 2010

I still know what I did last summer.

Well, it's fall.

When Japan does seasons, it really does them. So much so that virtual every Japanese conversation starts with a comment on the weather. Last week it was summer. We had highs of 40 (105F). This week it's fall. Yesterday we had a 9 am temperature of 15 (60F). And every season is too something. Winter is too cold, dropping to -20C where I live (-4F). Summer is too hot, up to 40 and 94% humidity. I didn't even know 94% humidity was possible. Spring is too rainy. And Fall is too windy. Right now, it's great because it's cool and the wind hasn't yet realised it's fall.

But I digress.

Here's a recap of my summer.

TRIPS:

2 weeks in Tokyo - 1 1/2 of them were technically work, and then there was that ridiculously awesome 2 day music festival. My one regret is that I skipped out on Nickelback to see Eve and then she cancelled. But I saw Taylor Swift and Jay-Z and Stevie Wonder. (Taylor Swift was the highlight for me. The black community is going to kick me out in a minute. lol)

1 week in Minami Furano and Sapporo, Hokkaido. Hokkaido is the Northernmost island of Japan. It's really beautiful up there.

MOVIES:
Ahem, I like movies. That is all.

Naruto Shippuuden: The Lost Tower
Inception
The Sorcerer's Apprentice
The A-Team
Salt
Karigurashi no Arietty (The Borrowers)
How to Train your Dragon
Karate Kid
The Last Airbender

Japan is not a movie country. My nearest movie theater is an hour away by train, and costs $18 US per movie. So I go a little crazy when I'm near a theater. I saw the first two movies in Tokyo. All the others I saw in 5 days in Sapporo. Yeah, I'm an addict like that.

BOOKS:

WICKED LOVELY- Melissa Marr
AS YOU WISH- Jackson Pearce
HEIST SOCIETY- Ally Carter
THE NAUGHTY LIST- Suzanne Young
RUSH- Jonathan Friesen
PIPPI LONGSTOCKING- Astrid Lindgren
LE FEU DANS LE CIEL- (French) Anne Robillard
THE HUNGER GAMES- Suzanne Collins
CATCHING FIRE- Suzanne Collins
MOCKINGJAY- Suzanne Collins
GOOD ENOUGH- Paula Yoo
THE COLOUR OF MAGIC- Terry Pratchett
DECEPTION (Haunting Emma)- (twice!!) Lee Nichols
WHEN ROSE WAKES- (ARC!!) Christopher Golden
WE HEAR THE DEAD- Dianne K. Salerni
THE DUFF- Kody Keplinger
FIRELIGHT- Sophie Jordan
PARANORMALCY- Kiersten White

I'm beginning to see how owning a Kindle can be a bad, bad, bad thing. lol.

Yeah, it was that kind of summer. I'm going to go watch Biohazard 4 (Resident Evil) and the Trigun movie this weekend, and I've got to read Denise Jaden's LOSING FAITH and Lisa Desrochers' PERSONAL DEMONS. After that I think I'm taking a break til December. I've read more books and gone to more movies that the average American does in a year!

How was your summer?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, how I miss Japan. My husband always says he wants to visit the place and I might just take him up on his offer after reading your post.

CD

Claire Dawn said...

Didn't realise you'd been. Well you'll love my most recent post then. :)

Come back and visit!