Thursday, December 16, 2010

Creative Exchange

Born December 14
Michael Owen
Vanessa Hudgens

Born December 15
ME!!
Gustave Eiffel
ME!!
J. Paul Getty
ME!!
Brendan Fletcher
ME!!!

:)

Well, I'm home. In Barbados. Just got here. It is SO HOT! I've got to go run around like a headless chicken soon, so this is just a quickie.

I went to my first creative exchange on Saturday. You know I've been 'in a critiquing relationship' with ElbieNY25, but this was my first time taking my poor lamb to the group slaughter.

It went pretty well.

Negatives:
A little wordy
Too many things introduced at once
Need to explain certain things if it's for the US market (which right now it isn't)

Positives:
Great chapter endings
Natural dialog
Great voice

OMG! The FIRST thing said about my work was that it has great voice. Excuse me while I go have a heart attack. Or melt, considering that I left -4 degree (Celsius) weather yesterday and it's like 24 here.

7 comments:

Marsha Sigman said...

Congrats to you!!!! And Happy Happy Happy Birthday!!!

You know voice is the hardest, if you got that down then the rest is all easy peazie, lemon squeezie. (I really wanted to fit that phrase in somewhere today so thank you for that.lol)

Did I say HAPPY BIRTHDAY?????!!!!!

Unknown said...

I'm so happy you got great feedback. May I ask, how old are you today? Congrats again and make sure you have a happy day!

CD

Abby Stevens said...

Happy birthday and congratulations, Claire!

Amy Holder said...

Happy Birthday!!! I hope you've had lots of cake to celebrate both your birthday & your great critique! Sounds like you got some amazing feedback & the negatives are easy to work with. The great voice part is the most important thing you can have in a book - congrats!

Jennifer Hillier said...

Happy birthday! And hooray for your great voice!

Joanna St. James said...

aaww Happy Birthday Princess
Glad they were able to see your voice

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

You got voice, dialogue and hooks, you're in good shape! Happy Birthday and enjoy the home turf.