Tuesday, May 31, 2011

June-y-Noony-Noon!


Tomorrow it's June!!!

And I'm ridiculously excited. Wanna guess why?

Apart from the fact that I don't need a reason to be excited. lol.

1. WARMTH

It's about to be out of cold weather season. Right now we've got 5 degree (celcius, 41F) mornings and 27 degree days (80). My inner thermostat is going crazy. I'm sure when the temperature hits 40 (104), I'm going to be wishing for Spring, but for now, bring on the summer.

2. HALF-BIRTHDAY
June 15- 6 more months 'til I turn 30. I may be the only woman in the world that is insanely happy about this- barring people who thought they were going to die before 30.

3. PROPOSAL

I'm entering a proposal to present at the Japan's Writer's Conference. They say you just have to be published (anywhere) to enter. I've got a bunch of non-fic knocking around the world, and a few poems. (My most successful publishing endeavour was funeral poems. It happened quite by accident, some neighbours saw a bookmark poem I did for my grandmother's funeral and the next thing you knew, business was booming.)

I'll let you know if I get in. I thought about submitting a proposal about blogging. I think I give pretty good value for your time here (and let's face it, one of a writer's most valuable resources is time.) But then the SCBWI Tokyo crew encouraged people to submit proposals with YA themes, and I was like why not? I write YA. Incessantly. So I've decided to talk about something I bring up fairly often here: multicultural YA. Then I realised you could submit multiple proposals and could kick myself in the head for agonising over a non-choice. lol.

3. AMAZON!!!
Remember how I banned myself off Amazon back in April? Well today is the last day of my ban! In an attempt not to ever buy more than 30 books (for myself) in amonth again, I'm going to be trying to make my book purchases at the same time I order books for weekly winners. Theoretically this means once a week. Wish me luck!

4. Socnoc!
50,000 words. 30 days. I was tempted to do Halfnoc (25,000 words) since I actually have other crap to do. Japanese exam the first weekend in July and another one sometime between now and then, "learning" 800 kanji, trip to Tokyo, Jpop concert, black tie charity event. And I actually have to go to work. But half isn't really my style. I'm an all or nothing type- and I'm not really feeling nothing-y...

5. YA Contemporary Month

The kool kats over at The Contemps have declared June to be YA Contemporary Month.

In honour of the awesome known as YA contemporary, I'm going to be choosing all of my June giveaways from this category. As usual, they will all be open internationally. And because I really want to spread the love, this month only (I sound like an as-seen-on-tv ad) non-followers are eligible all month long. (Please leave an email so I can find you though.)

Happy June, folks!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a great idea for a giveaway!
andreat78@yahoo.com

Jill the OWL said...

Thanks! Just found your blog. Looks great!

themgowl at gmail.com