Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Updated 100 Books compilation/contest

Just because I'm crazy, I assume the whole word is crazy with me.

I should have known it was impossible for anyone but a superstar to compile 1000 responses (or even 200) to anything in a month and a half.

So, I'm pushing back the 100 Books Every Writer Should Read.

I'm now collecting book lists until December 31st. With all this extra time, I'm going to make an effort to get more imput from the business side of the publishing industry: editors and agents. I'm also going to try to get more responses from authors and aspiring authors. Hopefully, I will be able to make 1000 respondents. The more I think about, the more I'd like this to be a fairly scientific endeavour and not one of my usual half-baked whims.

And to apologise for the inconvenience I've caused you, my awesome-sauce readers, you can now enter the "spread the word" contest an unlimited number of times, by commenting on the original post. And I will now be giving away the top FIVE single volumes, instead of the top 3.

If you didn't get to send in your list of 10 before, you've still got time. Check out the original post.

No comments: