Friday, November 4, 2011

Almost English

Look at my babies, writing in English. I didn't help any of them. I didn't even know they were doing this. (You'd think someone would have told me, seeing as I'm in this country to assist with ENGLISH, but oh well. Happens more often that you'd think.)


The 2nd years wrote about their dreams. I love this one. Although this kid never takes charge of anything and I really can't see him even trying for town council, but here's to hoping!


We don't teach cursive at school, but all the best English students use it. This kid is next year's Student Body President. They start the student body year in the middle of the school year, so that when high school entrance exams roll around, final year students can concentrate on them.


I love when my kiddies go off the beaten path. Especially here where the beaten path is so important. 
 Made. of. Win.



 Another top student. I think they learn the cursive at cram school.

This girl learned the cursive from her mother. She did a speech about becoming a cancer researcher. You have no idea how depressing it is to listen to the story of how her grandfather dying of cancer changed her life for weeks, and weeks, and weeks.

The 3rd years wrote poems. I forget the name of this form. Japanese has a zillion different types of poem.


I have one kid who is absolutely addiction to the football/soccer player, Messi (Messhi in Japanese). It's random because noone pays any attention to soccer here, other than cheering Zac Japan and Nadeshiko Japan (boys and girls nat. teams) at World Cup time.


 If you're every in Japan in summer. 40 degrees Celcius, or about 100F, with 80-90% humidity, then you get this. I'm almost glad to spend half the year frozen. Almost.


I love the dreamers.
 Yum! Made me hungry.
This is the best poem in the English language by a Japanese person in the history of the world. And I really believe it coming from this kid, too. lol.

5 comments:

Rida said...

These are so CUTE! I don't even know these kids, but I feel proud of them.

Raindrop Reflections

Marsha Sigman said...

Great, now I'm hungry and sort of want to adopt the kid who dreams of money.lol

I love these! Awesome!

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

Oooo, I want to ride clouds, too!
thanks for sharing these wonderful writings.

Sidrah said...

lol.. the last one is so cute
=D

As English is not the first language in Pakistan, I went through this too in kindergarten =0

I received the books btw.. ^^

Jolene Perry said...

Wow. Thanks SO much for sharing these!