Monday, November 28, 2011

Weird and random

My computer decided that the back of the monitor will have a magnetic spot now. My brother says some computers have this, and I'll be bugging the computer manufacturer to see if that's normal for my model as soon as the West wakes up. 

(EDIT: Both my bro and the computer types think it's normal, but it still gives me a cool toy that freaks people out. Also, if it explodes, I've documented it and put it on the internet. Proof in the internet pudding, and all that jazz.)

Anyhow, I showed my colleagues at work, we spent half the afternoon playing with it.  

A Barbados dollar stands on its edge.


Even with the laptop open...


It can even hold up my keys. 

And play with magnets we did.

 Monfret (the lappy) decided I had a few screws loose.

 Don't run with scissors!
 Sorry I'm out!
 Que Chan (the dog) wonders at the magic of the floating can.

Apparently Monfret has the same musical tastes as my neighbour. 


Then Monfret started playing with the utility knife. It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. 


 Que Chan to the rescue!

Oh, and the magnetism isn't the weirdest thing. This is:


 

(Look at me bing all scientificky. :) Also, I apparently have a stronger accent when I film. Oh, and ignore the screaming children - we're next to a day care.)

That's right, my computer turns my camera on! Freaky!!!

5 comments:

Dianne K. Salerni said...

This is really, really weird.

Are your files safe? That is, there aren't going to get erased by some weird magnetic resonance in your laptop, right?

Time to do a back up!

Dianne K. Salerni said...

*they* aren't.
Eyesight fail.

Marsha Sigman said...

LOL. How long exactly did you play with that?

I wish mine had one now.

Sophia Chang said...

This is hilarious!!!

And would you like to join the revolution to destroy evil word verification?

Top 3 Things Well-Meaning Bloggers Do That Drive Readers Nuts

Liza said...

How did you figure out the camera bit. Odd and amazing!